This 15th regional conference builds upon the continued success of previous partnership events held by the region’s Universities (Sunderland, Northumbria, Durham, Newcastle, and Teesside). Delivered online, the 2021 conference programme celebrates the work of our teaching staff and the different ways in which students and academics are involved in Knowledge Exchange (KE) during learning and teaching in higher education.
The conference is free to attend, with two opening keynote presentations preceding each partner institution hosting a livestream channel (from 11.00 – 13:30) showcasing a series of exciting presentations by staff and students.
Teesside University will be offering a packed schedule on the day, with 6 presentations showcasing innovative practice and initiatives from across the University.
- Samantha Gooneratne – “The Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert Experience: Lessons from a University Academic’s foray into Multidisciplinary Mixed-Level Professional Learning Networks”.
- Helen Tidy, Helen Carney, Callum Anderson and Alex Wood – “Using Minecraft Education Edition to Create Meaningful Student Interactions”.
- Lynn Miles – “Trauma-Informed Learning and Teaching – Why it Matters”.
- Jenna Clake – “Paragogy as Knowledge Transfer: Using the Future Facing Learning Toolkit to Promote Student-centred Peer Learning”.
- Helen Tidy – “The Use of Sketchnoting as a Revision Aide”.
- Paul Chesterton, Jennifer Chesterton, and Jenny Alexanders – “Authentic learning in healthcare: How to move forward”.
Please see find the full programme here: The North East Three Rivers Consortium | Present the North East (UK), higher education learning and teaching conference (wordpress.com)
Book your place on the conference and select livestream presentations from across each of the five regional universities: 3 Rivers Conference 2021-Knowledge Exchange For Learning & Teaching In HE Tickets, Fri 25 Jun 2021 at 09:15 | Eventbrite
For any questions about or for further information on the conference please contact Dr. Sam Elkington: firstname.lastname@example.org.