Using groups in Blackboard is a great idea to get students working together on projects. Groups in Blackboard come with a host of features like blogs, the ability to share files amongst group members, the ability to email other group members and so on. However, if you are in the process of adding students to a lot of different groups you might want to check to see if you have missed off any students.
How can you do this in Blackboard? To do this we can use one of the advanced features of the Batch Feedback tool. Follow these quick steps to check if any student is not in a group:
- Log into Blackboard and go to your module
- Go to the Control Panel and click once on Evaluation
- Now click once on Grade Centre – Batch Feedback
- Scroll down the page to Advanced Options and click on the link which says Click here to select students using Blackboard Groups
- Next to Select a Group of Students is a drop down menu. Select Students Not In a Group from this menu
- Click on View Group Members
- A new window will pop up displaying the names of any students not in a group.
You can now make a note of any students not assigned to a group and then add them to a group as appropriate.