In preparation for the Blackboard Ultra CPD rollout commencing in mid-May facilitated by Digital Transformation in SLAR, the Learning Design Working Group, formed as part of the VLE Implementation project have developed five key principles based around creating an outstanding student learning experience using the new VLE, Blackboard Ultra. The principles are as follows:
- Boundary-crossing ecosystem of learning and student engagement;
- Seamless integration of the best elements;
- One-stop hub for the student academic journey;
- Enables and nurtures creativity in learners through collaboration, communication, and construction of knowledge;
- Together with the campus delivery of a module brings out the best learning experiences for students based on a purposeful pedagogical underpinning and systematic learning design principles.
The purpose of these key principles are to provide guidance for high impact enhancements to practice resulting in an outstanding digital learning experience. This will be achieved through the upcoming CPD rollout which will build on teaching staff’s exemplary use of the VLE during the pandemic and creating an expansive learning ecosystem.
Initially focusing on teaching staff, the Blackboard Ultra CPD will be available for booking from Friday April 30th. The initial programme of CPD will run from mid-May to early August.
For any further support, please contact the Digital Transformation team in SLAR at eLearning@tees.ac.uk