Level X Middlesbrough

As soon as I heard a new arcade and social hotspot was opening in Middlesbrough, I was already budgeting how much money I was planning to spend there.

Level X is a new arcade and entertainment venue which recently opened in the town, and it has something for everyone, whether you love arcade racing games like me, fancy a spot of bowling, go karting, a terrifying VR experience, singing your heart out on the karaoke or trying your hand at cyber darts, there’s something for everyone.

It also has a bar where you can have a drink (soft or alcoholic) and order food, so it makes it the perfect destination for a night out with friends, work, or a fun-filled family day out.

The highlight of the venue for me was the karting track as it’s a huge pull and something that the town hasn’t had before and having it inside an arcade is great. The karting also has different options depending on what you want too, with a Mario Kart style option if you want, with powerups like the game if you want something a bit different. If you want the more traditional karting, then that’s also an option that they have later in the evening if you want to thrash it out on the track with your friends.

I was also a big fan of the arcade machines they have. I’m personally a huge fan of arcade racing games so with classics like Outrun available I was in my element, but there’s a whole range of different games available.

The online booking process is straightforward so you can get stuck in once you arrive. You can also book a range of different packages so you can save money if there are several activities you want to do. We booked the bowling, minigolf and karting package and it was a great deal for four people at £23 each (prices may change). You can also walk in and book if you prefer a spontaneous trip out.

I’d really recommend a visit to Level X for anyone looking for a fun day out, it’s a great laugh with friends and I think it’ll particularly appeal to anyone with a geeky background (like me), but it’s brilliant for anyone looking for an alternative day/night out.

By Tom.