Whether you are going into your first or final year, a new academic year is a great time to refocus and prepare for the hard work ahead of you.
Here are some top tips for building the foundations you need to be successful in the year to come:
- Make sure your stationery game is on point. Whether you love a good life-planner, or just simple pen and paper, now is a good time to make sure that you have everything that you need for lectures, seminars, and revision.
- Give yourself a goal or two. If you have a paper diary or just using the notes on your phone, set yourself a few goals for the year; think of a couple that are manageable and something that you can look back on at the end of the year. You can use SMART targets to create something that is structured. You’ll feel a great sense of achievement at the end of the year if you complete these goals.
- Log into your accounts. The long summer often means that we don’t use our student accounts and it’s easy to forget your password. It’s best to refresh them now rather than at the beginning of a seminar when you are rushing to get logged on. You can also make sure that they are super secure by testing it out here: howsecureismypassword.net
- Is your finance sorted? Even if you were at uni last year you still need to reapply for student finance. If you didn’t do this earlier in the year it is a good idea to do it now so that you have money for the start of term. If you are a new student, you might want to shop around for the best student bank account.
- Check out the Teesside Advance store. Each year you will receive £100 credit to spend in the Teesside Advance store. See what books or resources you might need for your course and get spending.
By Alice Atkinson.