Journeyman Week 8 (21/03/21)

On the 15th me and Jack proceeded to update the level overview with objectives. before there was too many book collectibles where initially there was twelve we corrected the unit amount to five. At this current time the church has yet to be properly added in engine so we have to wait till a later date to work on that.

Then on the 17th Miguel from programming wanted the designers to make a simple axe mesh to use in game while waiting for art to complete there’s. I stepped up and said ill make the axe mesh and then sent over the mesh to Miguel and then it was added to the “axe throw” mechanic.

On the 21st Jack and I asked our leaders what else needed doing and we where tasked by Kat to start getting clips of game play so that is now one of the new tasks I have now been tasked too.

Journeyman Week 7 (14/03/21)

We are starting to merge our files together to create our game. I started doing a bit of bug testing work and found a few problems and alerted programming of the programs that was messing up. One of the big ones was the camera could get caught on a spinning collectible and make the camera spin around the player character without stopping. Me and Jack where going to continue working on placement of enemies and work together on a new draft of enemy placements but since reiving a medical jab he has fallen ill from the side-effects from said jab, so our work has been delayed to start next week  to ensure that he takes time to recover.

Journeyman Week 6 (07/03/21)

I helped Ian, from programming, with the combo reset mechanic/ animations that play with the continued attacks. By overlooking and using past projects as references to problems I experienced in past modules we found a solution. The solution we found was to ignore the “save attack” program implemented for animations and secondary attacks to take action.

[images given from Ian and allowed by Rob (program leader) to be given to me]