Gigging with X Factor star Josh Daniels: A student’s claim to fame

A student is quickly becoming a popular guitarist for North East acts after performing with X Factor star Josh Daniels.

Jack Connor, 19, has been playing the guitar for eight years and that training paid off when he got to gig with the X  Factor str on a recent tour.

Jack said: “I met Josh Daniel about a year ago at a local gig and loved his style and had a chat with him about his music and months later I got asked to do some session work with a singer called Kerianne Covell for her record management called RU listening.

“Josh was also recording with the same management that day and I had a jam with him.

“He also liked my style of playing and asked me to play guitar for him for a gig.

“Eventually X-Factor arrived and then he went on to do massive shows and he took me with him.”

Jack has been gigging with Josh all around the country at venues such as the Metro Radio arena and Birmingham NEC alongside pop stars like Olly Murs and Cheryl Versini Hernandez.

A nerve wracking task for any upcoming guitarist, however Jack takes it all in its stride.

He said: “Touring with Josh is amazing in every way. We have a good laugh travelling to new places and seeing different venues.” 

“The dressing room banter is always spot on and the excitement feels good. Then you get the crowd.

“The crowd is what drives me on the most. One day me and Josh got through about 50,000 people in one day.

“That feeling is indescribable. Overall its fun, exciting, rewarding and just a pleasure to have as a job.”

IMG_4126-1

Jack performing with JOSH DANIELS

Currently studying Music at the Academy of Sound in Newcastle, Jack is hoping to make a living out of what he loves best.

He said: “My long term ambition, in a nutshell, is to make money from doing what I love which is playing the guitar for a living.”

“Ideally I want to be a session guitarist and play for lots of different artists in studios or recordings.

“Playing shows and going on tour is another ambition of mine. I’m going to try and do both.”

Josh Daniels has praised Jack and is confident he can achieve his goals.

Josh said: “I’ve worked with Jack for a while now, he has never failed to show dedication, commitment and is able to work quickly and professionally.”

“He has great stage presence and charisma.

“He always gives good creative input in rehearsal and is a pleasure to work with on the arena shows as much as the more intimate ones. Long may it continue.”