Billy Lockett Talks To TSide

Billy Lockett has announced headline shows across the UK

Billy Lockett will play headline shows across the UK

For the past four years singer-songwriter Billy Lockett has made a name for himself by supporting the likes of Nina Nesbitt and Birdy.

He has now released dates for his very own headline tour.

In March 2016 he will play intimate gigs in Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Bristol and London.

Still without a studio album, Billy is still able to pull in crowds that will sing their hearts out to his tunes from EPs such as Hard Man and Your Love Hurts.

“It’s a huge buzz because it means people have come purely from loving my EPs,” he said.

“I am concentrating on making the live shows incredible.”

However, the studio side of things are going well. His debut album has recently been finished but the songwriting doesn’t stop now.

“I still like to always keep writing non stop,” Billy said.

The first EP that includes Hardman, Balance and Don’t Wait Up to name just three, his songwriting ability is definitely up to scratch and since then the experience has only improved him.

Find his YouTube channel and you’ ll come across various tracks recorded in his cellar. The walls of that cellar have witnessed the growth of Billy Lockett.

Billy said: “I learnt how to play down there, had my first three bands practice down there, and then went solo and wrote pretty much every EP and the whole album down there.” A pretty special place indeed.

Another place that Billy sees as special is Glasgow – described as: “my favourite place to play, always has been and always will be” – a date at the famous King Tuts was included on the latest tour. Glasgow will be visited again when he plays ‘Nice n Sleazy’ on March 26.

“I will be focusing on the album and hoping to get it out in the not so distant future,” he explains optimistically.

The local BBC Introducing network around his Northampton hometown took an interest in him last year, although he doesn’t feel it broke his career.

He said: “I still do everything myself but that is kind of how I like it.”

Billy has some advice for  those starting out.

He said: “Touring and supporting artists is the best way because you can meet the fans.”

Tickets are on sale now. They are available on Ticketmaster.

Keep up with Billy Lockett on:

Twitter: @billylockett

Facebook: Billy Lockett Music

Soundcloud: