Student’s Can Cook: Pasta Bolognese

Research has shown that students can gain up to two stone in their first year of university.

A culture of stress, drinking, and unhealthy eating were the main cause of weight gain according to a recent survey.

Wien_Bellaria_Kebab_Pizza_Dez2006

The survey revealed that students cooking skills had left a lot to be desired.

A third of respondents claimed they would struggle to cook simple meals such as spaghetti Bolognese.

Hectic student lifestyles and extremely tight budgets were also blamed for the weight gain.

In an attempt to prove that students can in fact cook I have put together a simple meal.

Ingredients for a healthy, cheap and easy to make Pasta Bolognese!

Pasta Bolognese made with healthy ingredients sourced from Aldi and all for a very small price.

Serving four people for a total cost of £7 that’s UNDER £2 per student!

The meal also has a healthy calorie count of 235 per portion  and containing 4/5 of your recommended fruit and veg per day!

Check out the video for a step by step guide to a healthy, cheap and easy to make Pasta Bolognese.

Patrick Coonan is a student who takes healthy eating very seriously.

Patrick said: ” It’s so important to lead a healthy lifestyle. I’m used to including fruit and veg in my meals.”

“Don’t get me wrong I love a take away but I think it’s ok in small doses.

“I can understand why students think it’s easier to eat rubbish, the student life is pretty hectic and after a long day at university it can be a chore to cook homemade food.”

Patrick Coonan, after cooking Healthy Pasta Bolognese!