Teesside Student’s Charity Vintage Fair

11173683_10205506466316966_2084821923_n

Just some of the vintage themed stock on offer.

ATeesside University student arranged a Vintage Fair for charity.

Alex McCormack, 21, of Middlesbrough arranged the fair in order to raise money for Teesside Hospice, which relies heavily on community fundraising events.

The event itself took place in Mink Bar, Middlesbrough, and was an evening of wonderful vintage styles with stalls dedicated to fashion, vinyl, hair styling, and a charming assortment of odds and ends.

Miss McCormack, currently studying Broadcast Media Production, said: “Last year we held an event for another charity which was really successful and that made me feel like I wanted to go into events after University.”

“I thought the best bet for me was to do an event for my final University project, which was a bit risky because apparently no one has ever done it before.

“I’ve had a nightmare stressing and because it’s for charity and you can’t pay your acts yourself so a lot of them do drop out, I had one drop out on me yesterday and another one a few hours ago.

It’s a lot about improvisation but so far there’s a lot of people here which fills me with confidence.”

11158136_10205506466756977_2088809896_n

The Evenings compère, Katt Mudd and Alex McCormack.

Mink Bar quickly filled up as the evening continued and despite any no-shows the crowd was enthralled by a vocal performance from Claire Louise and a burlesque show by Mademoiselle Boo.

The event generated most of it’s charity revenue through a £5 entry fee and a raffle for vintage style homeware, cosmetics, clothing and a set of Elvis records.

In total the event raised roughly £300 for the Teesside Hospice.

11173664_10205506465636949_538469672_n

Mink Bar decked out in vintage styles

11178423_10205506465876955_1374361837_n

The stalls ranged from hair styling to jewelery.

Debbie Coulson, Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator for Teesside Hospice, Middlesbrough, said: “Alex got in touch with us and let us know that she was hosting the event.”

“The hospice relies heavily on community events, it costs the hospice £2.4m a year to fund the service and we’re only part funded by the NHS so we have to raise around £4,900 each and every day of the year to keep the hospice open.”

“It’s only with the support of people like Alex and events like this that we can do that.

“It’s absolutely fantastic, Alex and her friends have done it all on their own we’ve just provided a little bit of support and advice when she needed it but it’s all her work. We’re so pleased that it’s been a success.”