Purple Pig – Boro’s Burger Joint!

DELICIOUS: The Bacon Deuce Burger

DELICIOUS: The Bacon Deuce Burger

PURPLE Pig is a burger and cocktail bar situated at the heart of Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough.

It’s unique atmosphere and laid-back style makes it a perfect place for students and couples wanting a quick bite to eat.

It’s also played host to the celebrity guest DJ Craig Charles, who played a funk & soul night there last month!

This amplifies the kind of place Purple Pig is, as it’s a very chilled and great place to drink as well as eat.

They have some really fun offers for customers which include…”Students half price sides any time of the day”, “Bring your ginger pal in & get a trough of 8 beers for £20 between 5pm – 7pm & all day Saturday”, “Wear purple undergarments and get one barman’s special cocktail”,”10% off with a blue light card or with Borough council I.D.”

The menu has lot to choose from, with several different types of burgers and hotdogs to tantalise your tastebuds. They also have a daily specials board, which is always a sign of a good food joint!

For people with a larger appetite, they offer “The Pig Out Challenge”. which consists of Supersized Notorious Pig Tex Dog, Dirty Corn, Piggy Smalls, Chilli Fries, Kitchen Special Sundae and the Milkshake of the Week.

If you finish the challenge, you get 25% off lifetime discount but if you don’t you are asked to pay £35 for the shame!

It was tough choice to decide what to eat but I eventually went for the Bacon Deuce Burger, which was two 40z burgers served on a brioche bun with melted jack cheese, 2 rashers of bacon, honey bbq sauce, cos lettuce and baconaise.

The burger also came stabbed with sweet potato wedges and homemade fries. I ordered a side of purple slaw, which went brilliantly inside the burger and had a great refreshing taste. The burger itself was fantastic – it was full of flavour and different textures and was nothing like I’ve had before.

CHOICE: Everything Purple Pig has to offer!

The service was quick and prompt and as soon as I sat down I was offered the drinks menu, while the waiter took my order.

My drink was served within two minutes and my food didn’t take longer than 15 minutes either. All the serving staff were very attentive, offering condiments as soon as the meal was served.

The waiter’s were also very helpful on describing the menu, offering great knowledge and recommendations as well.

After the meal I was absolutely full! You definitely won’t be left hungry after one of those burgers, and despite the desserts looking so good, I just couldn’t fit one in!

After a well-needed rest, I eventually asked for the bill and was very pleasantly surprised with how much it all came to.

For me and my friend, it came to just over £25 and we had had a burger each, a drink each and two sides.

Even on a student budget, this place is easily affordable and the dining experience is a lot different to anywhere else you may go.

Its unpretentious food and generous portions make it a must visit in Boro!

BIG BITE: Me enjoying my awesome burger.