Bloguestions! Rob Varney: Post from Tees bit on the side

Rob Varney, Design Director at Foolproof London, answers the Teeser’s Bloguestions!

Q: What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself?

Design. Sleep. Eat.

Q: If you had a time machine and you could go back and give yourself some advice as an aspiring designer/creative what would it be?

1. Clients are your friends. They’re just ordinary people with thoughts, fears and feelings. Just like you and I. So:

2. Don’t be scared of them.

3. And read the brief.

Q: If you could only have one of the projects that you have worked on in your portfolio, what would it be and why?

Depends what kind of job I’m going for! My portfolio changes depending on who I’m seeing and the project I’d be proving I have the experience for.

Q: What item could you not do without (design related or not)?

The Internet. Not sure that’s an item, but all the items I need connect to it.

Q: Is there one thing that you wish that you had designed and why?

I always wanted to be a car designer, and was obsessed with car design when I grew up. So I’d of loved to have a hand in any supercar that was penned in the mid to late eighties (Ferrari Testarossa, Lamborghini Countach…)

Q: Show us your workspace!

All I have is a picture of my grey leather chair. I found it languishing in the corner of our office when I first joined, so I nicked it and have used it ever since. A classic Eames design.

from Tees bit on the side