Adam Reach: ‘The Premier League is very much in sight’

AMBITIOUS: Reach wants to be playing with Middlesbrough in the Premier League this time next season

Middlesbrough winger Adam Reach believes it will be a disappointing season if the club do not get promoted to the Premier League.

In an exlcusive interview with Tside, Reach spoke about the teams ambitions this season, his break in the first team and his previous loan spells.

Reach made a blistering start to his Middlesbrough career scoring on his first team debut against Doncaster Rovers in final game of the 2010/2011 season.

Since then he has gone on to make 64 appearances in all competitions scoring five goals.

Reach said that despite a recent wobble in form, promotion to the Premier League is very much in the hands of the team.

He said: “We are joint top of the league at the minute and the Premier League is very much in sight.

“We’ve got 10 games left now so we do need to enjoy this part of the season, pick the points up and hopefully get promoted like we all want.

“We’ve got big games coming after big games coming up so you don’t want to be looking at the table and seeing other results. You have to get on with your own.

“For me personally, I’m just going to enjoy this part of the season. This time last year I was playing against teams like Crawley and Stevenage.

“I think if we play with our same confidence and concentration then we will be okay.”

Reach went out on loan to Shrewsbury Town and Bradford City last season to give himself a chance of first team action and impressed in his time at both clubs.

Having broken into the first team this season, Reach added that hard work has eventually paid off for him.

“It’s all about timing in football. Opinions matter a lot as well.

“I’ve been out on loan, got the experience and I think this season I came back a different person with a different sense of confidence.

“I see this season as progression and I want to keep improving from next season onwards. I’m only 22 so its about learning and improving as a player.

“I’ll try play my best for the rest of this season, work hard in the summer and hopefully I’ll be playing with Middlesbrough in the Premier League.”

Reach has been one of Middlesbrough’s star performers in different stages of the season and was thrust into the limelight scoring the equaliser in their historic Capital One Cup clash with Liverpool.

Despite receiving a lot plaudits this season, Reach insists that he doesn’t let it get to his head and tries to get on with his football.

“I’m the type of player who likes to keep myself to myself to I don’t get too over the top with things like that.

“If anyone is praising you, you just take it as a complement and makes you want to keep going to get even more.

“When I scored that goal at Liverpool, it didn’t even register. It was just all shock.

“I’m not exactly known for my headers. I just found myself in there and it went in. But thats what we want, more nights like that.”