EXCLUSIVE with Chris Stark: ‘I can’t wait to come back already’

MADNESS: An excited Teesside SU crowd go wild to the Radio 1 presenters

The dust has settled eight weeks on since Radio 1 DJ’s Scott Mills and Chris Stark blew the roof off of the Terrace Bar.

Both presenters, who present every weekday afternoon between 1-4pm on Radio 1, performed a live DJ set in the students union’s Friday night event, ‘Dirty Disco’ to an ecstatic Teesside University crowd.

The pair even took to the crowd to take a number of selfies with delighted students in their first appearance at the university.

In an exclusive with Tside, Chris Stark spoke of how he loved his first night in Teesside and how lucky he feels to be working for Radio 1.

He said: “What a night! It was really fun performing with Scott – we don’t get to do that often so that made the night extra special.

“It was my first time performing in Teesside and I can’t wait to come back already. Incredible crowd! The university clearly has a really good social life.

“Annoyingly I was only there for one night and I’m gutted that I didn’t get to eat a parmo. I had my heart set on that but saying that I’m sure my heart wasn’t.”

Chris is a regular contributor on Scott Mills’ show on Radio 1. He plays in Innuendo Bingo with guest celebrities and is also involved in a number of other features.

But it was through a number of online viral videos that earned him celebrity status including a short notice interview with Mila Kunis and a harsh prank played on him by Jennifer Anniston and Scott Mills.

He told Tside of how he climbed the incredible ladder from student radio to the biggest radio station in the world:

“I went to Southampton University and although I was studying politics, I pretty much spent all my time at the student radio station.

“It taught me to take risks and but also how to work in a studio environment. Student radio is a great way to figure out if radio is for you.

“Radio 1 is the best radio station in the world and I feel incredibly lucky to work there. One of the best things about Radio 1 is the guests that want to appear on the station.

“We feature some of the biggest stars in the world and not going to lie – its great to be able to meet or interview them.

“The week after the Mila Kunis interview was the strangest week of my life. Everything kicked off quite quickly as that interview went viral.

“Recently I stepped out in front of 10,000 people at Wembley arena at the Radio 1 Teen Awards and I just remember thinking – how has it got to this?”

When asked if would do another gig at the university with Scott Mills, his answer was short and sweet:

“Definitely – can’t wait to come back. It’s a really good Friday night and everyone at the university is lucky to have that for nights out.”