Is it time for a new diet?

PUFF PASTRY SPINACH PIE

PUFF PASTRY SPINACH PIE

A new year has begun and it’s the time when   people are making resolutions and trying to stick to them.

One of the most popular resolutions that has been on everyone’s list repetitively include either weight lose, eating healthy or staying in shape.

I am sure many of you out there have tried several diets whether being the raw food diet, Atkins diet or the Cabbage soup diet.

Some students that I spoke to have all said they are trying to stick to healthy eating and reduce the amount of takeaways they consume in a week.

Teesside University student Vanessa Konyani , 20, said: “To stick to my plan I have created a vision board which acts as a reminder for me not to order that pizza, I decided to become healthier this year because I want to be aware of what goes into my body.”

However some students have expressed that eating healthy was expensive at times and in some cases they ran out of recipe ideas.

So I have produced a quick, healthy and budget friendly recipe known as the Puff pastry Spinach pie. Which is not only delicious but will look impressive on the table if you are planning to have your house mates around.

Ingredients and equipment:

300g Spinach

200g Cheese

1 Onion

1tsp Salt

½ Cup cooking oil

1 Egg

200g Minced meat

1 Sheet Puff pastry

1tsp Black pepper

1tblsp Margarine

Rolling pin

Baking tray

Key points: Preheat at gas mark 8 for 10 minutes then leave to cook for 35 minutes at gas mark 6.