Exclusive – Kerrianne Covell talks life after X Factor

Kerrianne main

COMING HOME – Teesside’s Kerrianne Covell is excited to perform at Teesside University’s SU

X FACTOR contestant Kerrianne Covell is excited to end 2014 with a bang as she is set to perform at Teesside University in December.

After just falling short of reaching the live X Factor shows, Kerrianne is ready to follow her own path and build herself as an artist.

Kerrianne will perform at Teesside University’s Student Union on December 10 with special guests Concept and Emily Middlemas.

In an exclusive interview with Tside Culture and Showbiz Editor NATALIE DEVONSHIRE, Kerrianne reveals secrets about her upcoming performance and her X Factor experience.

Kerrianne is ecstatic about her performance at the SU after receiving a fantastic reception when she performed at the Stockton firework display earlier this year.

She said: “The support from the North East is just incredible! I feel at home in Teesside.

“I’m just so excited to get on stage at the SU and perform to my fellow Teessiders.”

Kerrianne was introduced to the limelight on ITV’s X Factor in September this year when she stunned the judges by singing Adele’s ‘One and Only’ which received a unanimous decision to put her through to the next round.

She said: ”I was absolutely petrified! But this year I felt that I was ready to audition.

“I was mentally ready and I had nothing to lose so why not just go for it.”

Kerrianne stormed through the rounds and bagged herself a place at bootcamp in Nice in the South of France with Cheryl Fernandez Versini as her mentor.

“We got to go on a three million pound yacht and traveled first class all the way. I could totally get used to the life of luxury.”

She continued to say: ”It literally has been the most emotional, exciting and craziest thing that I have ever done.”

kezza 2

LIFE AFTER X FACTOR – Kerrianne Covell talking to Tside about her future plans.

She unfortunately missed out on moving forward into the live shows but this has not deterred Kerrianne’s dream.

After gaining such a valuable experience with the X Factor she reflects on her journey.

“You’ve just got to keep going and work hard because this is a tough industry.”

She continued to say: “Cheryl told me that I need to find the niche of what I do to bring to this industry.

“I need to find myself as an artist and wok on my music to get my voice heard.”

You can purchase tickets to see Kerrianne Covell at Teesside University Student Union on December 10 from Eventbrite.co.uk