Bloguestions! ustwo: Post from Tees bit on the side

Unknown

Our guest speakers, Georgios and Isabelle from ustwo, answer the Teeser’s Bloguestions!

Q: What 3 words would you choose to describe yourself?

Georgios: Ermmm…. caring, passionate and sometimes egoist.

Isabelle: competitive, positive, analytical 

Q: If you had a time machine and you could go back and give yourself some advice as an aspiring designer/creative what would it be?

Georgios: Observe the world around you and question everything! You will find answers you could never imagine.

Isabelle: Not to worry too much about the future, and try to have fun by engaging in a lot of projects. Try different roles, and don’t be too worried about not having enough experience.

Q: If you could only have one of the projects that you have worked on in your portfolio, what would it be and why?

Georgios: Working on Laterooms.com mobile app was an amazing experience because we were working truly agile along with developers, shipping updates very frequently based on qualitative and quantitative customer feedback.

Isabelle: It would still be a project I worked on before getting into, or even being interested, in design. I wanted to explore how to translate dance (which is such a visual art form) for visually impaired with the help of descriptions from a translator. It was both a radio show and dance performance in the end and I had so much fun putting it all together. When I later applied for the internship at ustwo, this was one of the things in my portfolio that caught their attention. I guess the project showed my thinking, action and passion.

Q: What item could you not do without (design related or not)?

Georgios: My second pair of glasses because if this one breaks, I won’t be able to see clearly.

Isabelle: The original Star Wars trilogy.

Q: Is there one thing that you wish that you had designed and why?

Georgios: The wooden peg! Such an impressively simple design but difficult to think of. And it can be used in many different situations. 

Isabelle: Camera! 

Q: Show us your workspace!

Georgios: Many sticky notes, a sketch book, a glass of water, many cables, two screens with sticky notes on them, a old jam jar now full of colourful markers and hip-hop rhymes coming out from Sonos.

Isabelle: (image above)

Q: If you were going to a fancy dress party, what costume would you choose to go in?

Georgios: I have a favourite costume that I use every few years. It’s coming from a band called The Residents; a formal suit with a huge eyeball mask. I try to make this mask myself every time. Not very comfortable but impressive. 

Isabelle: Saffron bun (I’d just paint myself yellow and then wear a cropped t-shirt with a raisin in my belly button) super simple!  (I got this idea from hearing an interview with a 95 year old lady on the radio. She was being asked what one thing she regretted she hadn’t done in her lifetime and the answer was not having gone to a costume party dressed as a saffron bun :))  

from Tees bit on the side