Student As Researcher Opportunities, Including in History. Post from History at Teesside

An exciting opportunity has arisen for Teesside University undergraduate students to undertake some short term work as research assistants over the summer, supporting academic staff at Teesside with their research projects.

A position is available for a History student to work with Dr Roisín Higgins on an outreach project that examines the First World War in the North East of England.

If you can answer ‘yes’ to all or some of the following statements this opportunity could be for you!

I can commit 65 hours over the next few months

I am interested in doing research as part of my job when I complete my undergraduate studies

I am considering doing a Masters, or a research degree

I particularly enjoy the research elements of my programme/course

I am organised and committed to my subject area

There are 10 projects in a number of areas.  The rate of pay is £5.70 per hour (if you are aged 18-20) or £7.02 per hour (if you are aged 21 or over).  The hours will be spread over the summer by negotiation with the project leader.

For more information about the student researcher scheme, the projects, and details of how to apply, go to: http://ift.tt/1fUsfeS

The deadline for applications is Friday 23rd May 2014.

If you have any further queries, or if you have difficulties accessing the link above, contact: joanne.davies@tees.ac.uk

from HistoryatTeesside