Middlesbrough’s Ex Military Opens Love Dessert

FORMER soldier Andrew Angus is hoping that his new business venture will prove to be the icing on the cake for his career.

Twenty-nine-year-old Andrew has just launched Love Dessert, a new business that delivers sweet treats to your door.

Love Dessert offers a wide menu for anyone looking for sweet treats for a family feast, girls’ nights in or celebration.

After being in the military for three years, Andrew became a self-employed plasterer but was struggling to find work.

Andrew, who has previous experience in the food industry, then decided to launch Love Dessert.

He said: “I have always had a keen interest in food and wanted to pursue a career in the food business.

“I saw a similar dessert delivering business running in Newcastle and it was doing so well, so I thought I would bring it to Middlesbrough, as there is nothing else like it around here.

“I met up with the guy that runs the business in Newcastle and had several meetings with him and went on from there.”

Talking about how he plans to make his business into a success, the former self-employed plasterer said: “I want to eventually expand to making tradition desserts that people love and also focus on other unique desserts that cant’ be accessed elsewhere in Middlesbrough.

“I have had people already asking me for special orders and I have been networking with other bakers to hopefully deliver this on the menu.”

Love dessert's product

Love dessert’s product

The Stockton on Tees born and raised business owner, has put all of his savings into the business in the hope of making his brand bigger.

Andrew added: “I don’t have a target audience but so far I have had a lot of interest from families and students.”

For more information about Love Dessert, call 01642 730581 or visit the website http://ift.tt/1hwNAFn.