Radio presenter visits Teesside

Anna Foster

BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Anna Foster

NATIONAL BBC radio journalist Anna Foster paid a visit to Teesside University to talk to  students about her career and how to make it in the  media industry.

Anna, who is currently a presenter on BBC Radio 5 Live, held an exclusive talk with an audience of  aspiring Journalism students about her route into the industry, her career highlights  and how she follows up stories in her current role.

During her time as a reporter,  Anna covered major stories across the UK as well as being sent to war zones around the world.

”It’s been great to be here to talk with the students and hopefully give them some advice and insight from my own experiences that will help them on their way,” She said.

Anna, who is  originally from  South Shields, studied at Durham University before starting her career at BBC Radio Cleveland.

One of her most notable jobs was being the presenter of Newsbeat, the flagship news programme on BBC Radio 1.

Anna has also  broadcast from Iraq and Afghanistan and covered major stories including the Cumbrian shootings,  the search for   Raoul Moat, the London Marathon and the Olympic Torch Relay.

The radio presenter had some wise words of advice for the budding reporters.

“I think the most important thing is work experience. If you want a job, you’ve got to prove that you know what you are doing,” She said.

“All of my experience is what helped me to get to where I am these days.”

Watch  below to hear Anna’s tips on how to make it into the media industry.