The Realising Research Impact Programme introduces participants to research impact and support them with developing personalised impact plans and delivering high quality engagement and enterprise activities. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- situate their research within a wider civic, social and economic context
- evidence and articulate their research impact
- take a strategic, inclusive and responsible approach to research impact
- design effective engagement and enterprise activities
- determine the value of their research and identify opportunities for adoption and take up.
- apply concepts of intellectual property (including copyright, trademarks, designs and patents) to their research portfolio
- adapt their research to difference audiences including the wider public, policymakers, and business.
Fast-track programmes are intensive programmes that require time and dedication and are targeted at researchers within our nine research centres. Programmes consist of a mixture of online workshops, webinars, independent learning, and group work.
SUITABLE FOR: Early and Middle Career Researcher
DURATION: 8 Weeks, 1-2 hours per week (plus 1-2 hours homework)
DELIVERY MODE: Online Workshops, Webinars, and Independent Learning
|Week 1 of 8 – Imnpact and the Knowledge Economy||1.5hrs||18/11/2021||1100 – 12:30|
|Week 2 of 8 – Understanding the value of Research and IP||1.0hr||25/11/2021||1100 – 12:00|
|Week 3 of 8- Stakeholder Engagement||1.5hrs||02/12/2021||1100 – 12:30|
|Week 4 of 8- Building Networks and and Communicating with Business||1.5hrs||09/12/2021||1100 – 12:30|
|Week 5 of 8 – Impact Opportunities||1.5hrs||16/12/2021||1100 – 12:30|
|Week 6 of 8 — Research Informed Policy||1.0hr||13/01/2022||1100 – 12:30|
|Week 7 of 8 – Evidencing and Articulating Impact||1.5hrs||20/01/2022||1100 – 12:30|
|Week 8 of 8 – Impact Strategies||2.0hrs||27/01/2022||1100 – 12:30|
In addition to the eight sessions, participants will be assigned preparation/tasks in between sessions (30-60 mins) and have the opportunity to book 1-2-1 Consultations (30 mins) to further develop their Impact Strategy.
Over the duration of this course, you will produce:
- a stakeholder map and values statement
- an impact strategy
- a business/stakeholder pitch
Bookings will require approval from your Research Centre Director or PGR Supervisor.
Bookings will close on 11th November.