The MCR Elevate Programme supports middle career researchers to take the next steps in their research career and address some of the common challenges faced by mid-career professionals. This intensive programme consists of sessions on research leadership, responsible research, collaborative working and partnerships, and identifying next steps for career progression.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- develop a vision and strategy for their programme of research
- support the development of a responsible and innovative research culture
- diversify their research portfolio, build research consortia and initiate international and interdisciplinary research collaborations.
- build productive external collaborations with non-academic partners
- understand team dynamics and how to support and develop others
- develop and implement a research strategy
Fast-track programmes are intensive programmes that require time and dedication and are targeted at researchers within our nine research centres. Programmes consist of a mixture of online workshops, webinars, independent learning, and group work.
SUITABLE FOR: Middle Career Researchers
DURATION: 8 Weeks, 1-2 hours per week (plus 1-2 hours homework)
Week 1: 14th January 2021, 13:00 – 14:30 – Online Workshop (1.5 hours) – The Research Landscape and the REF
Week 2: 21st January 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 – Online Team Work (1 Hour) – Developing a Collaborative Project Part One
Week 3: 28th January 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 – Online Workshop (1.5 hour) – Intellectual Leadership and Leadership Styles
Week 4: 04th February 2021, 13:00 – 14:30 – Online Workshop (1.5 hours) – Developing a Team Vision and Strategy
Week 5: 11th February 2021, 13:00 – 14:30 – Online Workshop (1.5 hours) – Diversifying Your Research Funding Portfolio
Week 6: 25th February 2021, 13:00 – 14:30 – Online Team Work (1 Hour) – Developing a Collaborative Project Part One
Week 7: 04th March 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 – Online Workshop (1.5 hours) – Supportive Research Cultures
Week 8: 11th March 2021, 13:00 – 14:30Cohort Presentation Workshop (2 hours)
In addition to the eight sessions, participants will be assigned preparation/tasks in between sessions (30-60 mins) and have the opportunity to book 1-2-1 Consultations on their personal development plan (30 mins).
Over the duration of this course, you will produce:
- an outline for a collaborative bid
- a personal development plan
- a pledge to enhance research culture locally and within your discipline
Given limited capacity and to ensure these programmes are useful and effectively meet your needs, an application based approach is taken. Applications will be require approval from your Research Centre Director.
Applications are currently open and will close on 1st December. APPLY NOW