Weeks 1 – 3

These weeks I worked on researching my environment. My goal is to build the Harry Potter Gringotts Bank, but instead of creating the one from the movies I intend on recreating the Queue line from the “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts” ride at Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. I want to do this one in particular because I have visited it on my holidays and I was awe struck by the architecture and the attention to detail that was put into it.

The environment itself is very large, however due to there being many modular elements to it I am confident that I will be able to manage it within the time frame of the project.

The first thing that I did was to look through images of the environment and create a rough asset list. This helped me to gauge the size of the project that I was undertaking.

Next I began to gather more images from online of the environment. I tried to find as many different angles as possible in order to get a full understanding of the structure of the environment. Next I tried to find any video footage that I could, hoping that it would fill in any gaps in my images. I managed to find three videos of the queue line, two of which were fairly low quality unfortunately, however they do help to understand some parts of the larger overall structure which were difficult to gauge from the images I had collected.

Links

Some of the many images I used as research