Gameplay Mechanics and Level Hub Progress

This week I have been focusing on developing the various mechanics I want in this project; the player can sprint, crouch, slide, fire a projectile and use the Grappling Hook on specific targets. There is also a mechanic where the player can hang from a ledge and drop down from it, this mechanic is however not quite complete, from the tutorial I followed, it is because I lack the animations that they had to finish the climbing process, once I have some animations, I can finish that mechanic. Speaking of animations I have discovered a site called Mixamo which links to Adobe Fuse which allows you to create basic character models and rig them for animations quite easily and then searching for said animations Mixamo itself, I will be experimenting with this before I settle on a model as there is a limited variety of assets and it lacks anthropomorphic animals which is what I need. Attached to this post will be a video showcasing the mechanics I have so far along with the Level Hub progress I have made.

2019-02-11 01:23:57