week 9

During this week began going over the textured assets to make sure that they well unwrapped and textured for the programmers to implement into the game. The UV and texturing including, the chandelier, battle axe and the fancy table.

 

However, I realized that afterwards that I had textured the candles for the chandelier incorrectly. So I had to go back to the original Maya I fix the issue. In order to fix this issue, I had to assign the candles and different lambert. This was because in substance painter, each material assigned to different parts of the chandelier corresponded with a lambert from Maya. This was actually contradicting the research which I conducted last week as I believe by doing this was a lot more effective and efficient in the texturing process. So by assigning the candles of the chandelier with a lambert of its own. I was able to change the texture of the candles to a more appropriate texture. A white wax texture.