- This event has passed.
Setting up Discussion Boards
October 13, 2017 - 14:00 - 15:00
A discussion board can be an effective tool to aid construction and communication if used appropriately. This 60-minute ‘hands on’ workshop will give you the opportunity to set up a discussion board from the tutor’s perspective and how to set up assignment possibilities. The session will end with discussions about strategies to try and get students to interact with discussion boards.
The following topic areas will be covered
- Setting up a discussion board.
- An overview of the various settings.
- Ways to get discussions working.
This session could be useful for
- New starters
- Academics looking at distance/online teaching
- Academics wanting to explore communication tools
To book a place on this workshop please visit: https://staffdevelopment.tees.ac.uk/staffdevelopment/