Categories
Uncategorised

Personal Branding

Gibbs Reflective Cycle: Personal Branding

Description: Personal branding is an essential aspect of establishing an identity and reputation, particularly in the competitive fashion industry. I have recognised the need to build a personal brand that showcases my unique strengths and qualities to stand out in this dynamic field. To achieve this, I have designed a business card that includes my phone number, email address, and Instagram handle to provide direct and accessible communication channels for potential clients, collaborators, and suppliers.

Feelings: Initially, I felt the importance of personal branding but also some apprehension about how to effectively establish and promote my brand. However, as I delved into the process of creating my business card and optimising my LinkedIn profile, I began to feel more confident in my ability to articulate my personal brand.

Evaluation: Building a personal brand is not just about self-promotion; it’s about authentically representing who I am and what I bring to the table. DuBrin’s (2013) insight about showcasing individual strengths resonates with me, and I see it as a valuable approach to differentiate myself in the fashion industry. The inclusion of contact information on my business card reflects my commitment to accessibility and professionalism in my interactions.

Analysis: Developing a personal brand is an ongoing process, and it requires consistency and authenticity. By including my phone number, email address, and Instagram handle on my business card, I offer varied and direct communication channels to stakeholders. The phone number provides immediate connectivity for urgent matters, fostering trust and reliability. The email address ensures professionalism and facilitates detailed conversations, allowing for thoughtful responses and record-keeping.

Conclusion: In the competitive fashion industry, personal branding is not just an option; it’s a necessity. My reflection on the importance of personal branding has led me to take concrete steps to establish and promote my unique identity. The design of my business card and the optimisation of my LinkedIn profile are practical manifestations of my commitment to building a strong personal brand.

Action Plan: Moving forward, I will continuously update and refine my personal brand, both in the physical form of my business card and the digital realm of my LinkedIn profile. I will seek feedback from mentors and peers to ensure that my personal brand effectively represents my strengths and uniqueness. Additionally, I will explore other avenues, such as networking events and personal branding workshops, to further enhance my branding efforts.