The week 2 presentation didn’t go as well as I’d hoped but we took some good feedback from the tutors and some of our peers aswell that was helpful. The group director Morty did most of the talking but I contributed in places with some explanations.
Penny said our main issue was that we needed to nail down the details of our project which helped us to focus on what we already had that needed developing further. There was also some concern that the cooling tower(s) were too simple and that our camera movements would be a bit too much for the audience in just 10 seconds, so we revised our initial plan to build on the comments we got.
We now have a fair amount of work posted on the shotgun page although team members still need some prompting to do so. Hopefully soon everyone in the team will be frequenting shotgun and posting their work as they complete it.
Speaking of shotgun, I learned a lot on how to manage our project page from JT as he went through the different aspects of each project page with myself and the rest of the producers. I now know how to create assets and assign tasks to different team members, aswell as set deadlines and organise team posts via the tagging system that can attach a piece of work to a particular pipeline step for a particular asset.
For my Kino project I ended up as the Producer and Lead Animator of our team.
First week after we picked team members I organised a weekly meeting for 10am on Mondays for us to review eachothers work and sort what needed doing each week. To help improve communications between our team members I also went and set up a discord server for us with channels for relevant pipeline steps and roles for each member for easy ID since non of us really knew eachother properly yet .
In the first meeting we discussed and decided on our theme/setting and began handing out tasks. I took meeting minutes down which I post in a discord channel for everyone to review so that if someone misses a meeting or forgets their task its easy for them to just quickly check up on it.
I contributed towards some rough storyboarding, and also ended up in charge of gathering shot reference and cutting it together for the project.
Second week progressed pretty well. We sorted out our scale, I put together the powerpoint for the presentation lecture, and I showed everyone the reference shots which were well received. We met again on the Wednesday to prepare for the presentation on the Thursday so that everyone knew the contents of the powerpoint presentation.
Welcome to blogs.tees.
You can change the colour scheme and make changes to how your new blog looks by clicking “Customize” at the top of the page or by going to Appearance > Customize in your blog Dashboard.
The User Guide contains other information you might find useful using blogs.tees for the first time.
If you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch with us by email at email@example.com.