Final Week

Well we’ve wrapped things up in regards to our 10 second clip, and all in all it went as well as I think it could’ve for our first group project.
We had a few issues with lights not pairing properly with geometry just before we started rendering, but we managed to fix it as well as we could by parenting lights to individual pieces of the model.
Now all that’s left is everyone’s reels and submissions.

2nd to last week

This week has been pretty hectic trying to tie everything up scene wise for rendering but it’s coming together alright. I finalised the placement of the animated robots in shot 2 and the placement of miscellaneous scrap and debris.
I had some difficulty with the placement of the robots in the main scene itself as Maya would not allow me to key the referenced rigs into place, so I improvised by creating an intermediate piece of geometry that I could parent the referenced model’s rig to and then set keys on the parent geometry to keep the robot in place without interfering with their animation. I did have to edit some of the animation of one of the robots in it’s own scene to fix a small problem with a prop, but otherwise this method worked really well for fixing the layout.