The week 2 presentation didn’t go as well as I’d hoped but we took some good feedback from the tutors and some of our peers aswell that was helpful. The group director Morty did most of the talking but I contributed in places with some explanations.
Penny said our main issue was that we needed to nail down the details of our project which helped us to focus on what we already had that needed developing further. There was also some concern that the cooling tower(s) were too simple and that our camera movements would be a bit too much for the audience in just 10 seconds, so we revised our initial plan to build on the comments we got.
We now have a fair amount of work posted on the shotgun page although team members still need some prompting to do so. Hopefully soon everyone in the team will be frequenting shotgun and posting their work as they complete it.
Speaking of shotgun, I learned a lot on how to manage our project page from JT as he went through the different aspects of each project page with myself and the rest of the producers. I now know how to create assets and assign tasks to different team members, aswell as set deadlines and organise team posts via the tagging system that can attach a piece of work to a particular pipeline step for a particular asset.