Journeyman post 3

I missed last weeks post so this week will be a recap of last week along with this weeks progress.

I spent some time these two weeks going over the progress in the excel spreadsheet to see how we are getting along with the most important parts of the project.

We also have set ourselves a deadline to have a playable alpha version of the game by the 28th of February, this will cause us to focus more on these key aspects. All the currently in development or completed aspects of the game are within the high priority category as decided by the whole team.

I have started to tweak the players jump physics to try and make the player feel less floaty, to do this I increased the base jump Z velocity and increased the air control to allow the player to have some control on their movement when jumping.

I also increased the gravity scale by .1, I did this to have the player fall a little bit faster as I thought they fell a bit too slowly.

 

Journeyman Blog 2

This week we have been discussing the different priorities of the blueprints we are going to make.

I also spent some time making a 3rd person character controller for the project. It stills needs some slight tweaking to be where I want it to be but overall it works as intended.

Update 2/13/2021

I have managed to fix the problem with the character not rotating as intended, this problem was being caused by me not properly handling the vectors given from the player camera, I have now combined the two vectors into one which then updates the players rotation allowing them to rotate freely from the camera.

Journeyman Blog Post 1

For the first week of Journeyman, I have started by putting together a spreadsheet with my team to list out roles and also to keep track of people progress as the weeks go by.

After this I started to do research into the game that we have chosen to develop. (Castlevania) I primarily looked into the mechanics of the game and how they function along with the certain aspects such as balancing, theme etc.