Week 10

I’m pretty much ready to start rendering now but it is going to be a massive pain since I have to render two separate files which I cant do at the same time but realistically I should have enough time for that and the sequence stuff at the end I can do in like an hour at most. I’ve had a few practise renders in Arnold like for when I added the tire smoke for the car. The technique for it needed to be slightly different from what’s in my research but it does give a nice affect for when my car turns the corner.

Week 9

I’ve realized that I can’t get the two animations sequenced together. I’m pretty sure its because the axis are different which doesn’t really make any sense since there the exact same rig but I do have a plan. I’m basically going to make the cameras and scene look exactly the same, so you won’t be able to notice the jump between the to files in the middle of the animation. This does mean when I add all the textures, I’m going to have to do it twice, well more like three times for the two car models in one file but they are fairly easy to add and update anyway so I shouldn’t have any issues with that.

Week 8

I’ve been testing sections of the animation this week with the motion blur and timing and it seems to look fairly good. I’ve been messing with Arnold a bit and I might end up using it as it seems to give some really nice metal affects and it’s got this material for car paint which looks a lot better than what I’ve managed to get in scanline. I’m going to put the animations together in motion mixer and see have it all looks then when its all together as one animation.