Week 9: Sequencer

I made the video using Unreal’s video capturing feature which allows users to record what they have created using cameras within the placement tool. This is commonly used for cut scenes within games and short animations however, for this module I can use it to capture my artefact. 

Before I started with the sequencer, I first changed my interface to make it easier to create the video making process. This included placing the sequencer track on my second monitor and splitting my main monitor into two parts as shown below.

The two sections on the left screen are what the camera sees and where my camera will be, this makes each shot which the camera takes much easier to handle. 

Once I had the sequencer set up, I then made the limit to the video which is 2 minutes maximum but since the sequencer works with frames per second rather than seconds the maximum is 7200 frames which equals 2 minutes. Now I have my start and end point for my sequencer, next I placed a camera into the level and placed this within the sequencer.

The red dots are the changes in location, rotation and size of the camera. The software automatically fills in the missing parts of the track for the camera. For example two points (point A and point B) 100 metres apart and each point is the red dot (if location is selected) the software makes the camera move from point A to point B within the selected time.

To create a camera cut between two cameras I made a transition using the ‘fade’ tool which makes the video fade to black. I also used this technique at the end of the video.

As shown here I have used a total of 4 different cameras within the entire video with 3 transitions and a final fade.

Finally, I rendered the final video that I will submit which shows off my entire artefact. The video can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69PO-Bcr_FA