Categories
Uncategorised

Week 5

In week 5 I started to try and create an actual asset which would resemble my final artefact, I also tested out a few methods and tools which may be useful during the final production. The first thing I did was create a low poly and high poly variant of one of the scales, which I was going to repeat across the whole helmet.

However, the low poly variant may need adjustment or to be replaced completely in future, as I think at may contain unnecessary details which are causing the poly count to be much higher than suitable.

After creating the scales, I used an array modifier to create a helmet scale pattern, which would then be rotated and curved around to create the main body of the helmet, this ending up looking quite good.

Once I had created and tweaked this pattern, I imported a pre-made base mesh for the head to see how it would actually fit the skull and look in context.