Progress update- Model almost complete

I have made a lot of progress with my tank. I have added a lot of the clutter to the tank now and just need to add a few finishing touches. I have finished the helmets, gas mask, a few bags and some rope as well as the back grill under the tank. Now i just need to add a few more bags, ropes and the mud flaps at the back and that is the model complete. I used the new freehand spline tool to help create the ropes and used some spline modifiers like normalise Spline and relax spline to help me get the right shape i needed .

i also completely changed the main gun as the model accuracy was way off. The main gun now looks more like the one on the Fury tank.

below are screenshots of what i have done.

An overall view of the tank.

The gas mask and German helmet.

the new front gun and bags strapped to the turret and the two additional hatches.

The cargo tied to the back of the tank and the side details.

The under grill at the rear of the tank

Hanging american helmet. Need to add more in various places on the tank. simple copy and paste of modular asset.

Update on model

It has been a while since my last post. I have been working on my model as well as messing around with some textures in substance. i have been testing different metal textures and smart materials on a previous tank i made last year, this is because i am a bit behind and i didnt want to go through the unwrapping process with my tank to save time so i can get on with my texturing practices and my model. I have been working on the details of the tank , boxes, ammo drums, bags etc. i have a few more items to model such as the helmets, gas mask, the grill on the back of the tank and some other bags and rope. These all shoud be done by the middle of next week where i can start on unwrapping my model.

mostly i used extrusion tools and chamfer to create the ruonded edges and reshape the typology of the assets. most assets are modular, such as the crates, ammo brums and jerry cans.

I will be uploading my texturing experiments this weekend as i am currently still working on these but here is how my tank is looking so far.

Progress update

I have now finished almost all of the clutter objects on the front of the tank as well as the logs on the sides. I am now modelling the .50 and .30 cal machine guns that are mounted ontop of the tank, i have almost finished the .50 cal. Here is how the tank is coming along…