First Week: The proposal

With just under a week until my first deadline, I have been researching different ideas for what I can do for my FYP, I am normally a large fan of RPG games and in my free time put a lot of effort into document design in such areas but due to wanting to build a game with gameplay, RPG games can be too much of an overwhelming project. With this in mind, I decided to look more into another genre I’m familiar with, Rythum games. I have had a lot of inspiration from games such as OSU and guitar hero but overall I want to do something different.

Image result for osu

I looked into other games that had puzzles in it if I was to make a game I really want to do it as a 2D game. This is because of assets and other objects in the game will be a lot easier. I’ve also decided that I will be using unity as this is the engine I’m trying to become the most familiar with.

For my proposal, I will probably go for an easy, eye-catching game with puzzles and music since I can make simple mechanics with this in the engine and can concentrate on puzzle designs.