Week 1 – The Idea

This blog is focusing on the development of my Final Year Project for my Technical Game Development course. This is a quick introduction to what I am planning to achieve in the coming months and my plans on Achieving it.

I have been a fan of the Roguelike and Rogue-lite genres for many years, from FTL, Rogue Legacy and Binding of Isaac, as well as the FPS genre and its many differing styles from CSGO and Siege to Call of Duty and Battlefield. I want to combine these genres and see what kind of game can be made with such a combination.

I have this week started both the pre-production and development process of the game, below is the outline for my schedule. I will go into more detail what I have been working on in the Unreal Engine next week once the ground work has been completed.

Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7
FPS Core Basic Level Generation Increase Level Generation Complexity Adding Veritcality Adding Veritcality Basic AI Implementation Enemy Design and Implementation
Week 8 Week 9 Week 10 Week 11 Week 12 Week 13 Week 14 Week 15
User Interface and Loot System Design Loot System Implementation  and Skill Tree Design Skill Tree Implementation  Polish Polish Polish Polish Polish