Categories
Uncategorised

Week 12

This is the final week of the project, so I am just making sure I have everything in order before I submit it for assessment.

First of all, I managed to finish the video. It’s not exactly to the standards I want it to be, but it’s my first time using Adobe Premier Pro so it’s bound to be a bit rusty – I’m just glad I was able to create a video at all.

Secondly, looking over the assessment requirements, I needed to write a report. I took a couple hours off to think about what would be included in the report before writing it. It’s about on par with what would normally be my writing standards in my opinion and covers the production pipeline for the asset I produced.

Finally, I’ve been putting together a folder in preparation to send off my work for assessment. This is the easiest part everything leading up to this.

Categories
Uncategorised

Week 11

After many issues with Unreal Engine 4, and having to spend some time figuring out how to actually get it to work, I’ve produced a very simple fly-around video of my asset.

This video includes a focus on some of the smaller details since I want to put a bit of an emphasis on them.

By the end of next week, I will have trimmed the video and added some text on top. The clips I’ve taken should be enough to pass the 1-minute threshold.

Categories
Uncategorised

Week 10

This week I haven’t done much.

Now that I have my model and textures complete, I’ve spent a bit of time this week looking into how Unreal Engine 4 and OBS works, since I want the video of my asset to be taken in-engine.

I’ll try and create the video next week.

Categories
Uncategorised

Week 9

I managed to finish my models and UVs last week, so this week I am texturing my model.

I don’t have a significant amount of experience in Substance Painter, however that is what I will be using as it hasn’t been too difficult for me to get used to it quickly.

The basic textures seem to be good enough for most of my model, but I may go out and collect some extra textures for certain parts of my model. Even if these textures are out of place, they will serve as a good reference point for my actual textures.

Categories
Uncategorised

Week 8

This week, I had plans to complete my model, as well as make a high-poly version and unwrap the UVs. All I had to do was create the dragon head that would serve as the base of the glaive.

This was primarily done using cubes and lattices, which allowed me to freely transform the different aspects of the model, as it is the most complex part of my weapon. The final shape I made looked almost perfect compared to the concept art I created in the first few weeks.

The next step would be unfolding my UVs in preparation for texturing. This was simple enough as I have unfolded similar shapes in a couple other models I’ve experimented in.

Once I had this finished, I needed to create a high-poly model that I would be able to use to bake on to my textures. This was done relatively easily as I a lot of my model was curved and would translate to a high poly model without issue.